Monday, January 10, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 68

Today, one of the biggest priorities, if not THE biggest priority was to get the Christmas stuff taken down to make room for Valentine's Day stuff. After that, I mainly tried to straighten out the main sales floor and bargain room per the manager's request.

Today was our first snow for the winter. I walked through it. It was no big deal. I was concerned that one of my colleagues wouldn't be able to make it because of the whether. (Like me, said colleague doesn't drive.) But she was able to make it. She did, however, have to leave earlier than she normally did due to another commitment.

We did have people bring in donations despite the weather. One gentleman had mulitple boxes of different things. Another person had brought in a few bags worth of things. In one of said bags was dog toys. (Said toys have been put on reserve for the HSP to take to the Humane Society the next time she's in the store.)

At some point, I bought a small bubble of bubbles that I had found in the donation pile either last week or the week before. I'll probably hold onto it for the next time my sister's dog is at my house. Then, I could blow some bubbles for him to chase around.

As it turns out, we are open until six once again. I don't know if I will stay put that long or if I will do my usual 10-4 and leave it at that. I ended up leaving a little after four today since it was snowing, and there was that chance of the weather getting worse.

That's all I got for now. Who knows what Wednesday will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment