Monday, January 10, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 67

I don't think I brought this up, but there are few people on the staff, including myself, whose shifts generally begin the minute the store opens and who thus tend to show up a few minutes before then. As the manager is only able to make it in a minute or two before time to open (if she's lucky), she told us earlier this week, in no uncertain terms, that she'd just as soon we showed up five minutes late. (She said this on Monday. There was one other person around besides me. We thought she was joking at first, but she wasn't.)

Today, I tried leaving the house later, and doing things like picking up litter as I go and putting it in the first trash can I could find in order to lengthen how long it took me to get there. I even tried taking a short detour. Nonetheless, I ended up showing up earlier than the manager would've wanted.

I ended up not going to last night's "work night", but supposedly some other people did. There was somewhat of a dent made as a result, but there was still some stuff to go through.  Two other people and I were able to get much of the pile that had been around for quite some time cleared up.

One of the first things I did today was put out some clothing that had already been priced. After that, I put some clothing that the manager had opted not to keep around anymore in a bag for recycling. There were also clothes to get on hangers as usual. I have, however, held off on tagging for the time being per the manager's request so that she can go through it better.

The big pile of clothes that we had in one area of the back room has pretty much been cleared up. (Some of it has been moved to the counter for now, though). There were some non-clothing items in there too, which I moved closer to the door between the back room and the kitchen. I have a feeling that one of the priorities next week will be to get more of said items to the front and put up for sale.

All in all I think the amount of stuff to deal with has gone down for now. The donations (some of which we got today) haven't been coming in as frequently as they had been when the weather was warmer, I don't think. Depending on what else is going on, I may take time to pick out what I'll be modeling for the next fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment