Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Day Today And A New Plan

Today, I did laundry and took surveys online. (My stepdad's off on Thursday, and there's no telling whether or not he will want to do any laundry on Thursday.)

I've come up with a new plan for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Given that I'm at the Doggie Bag from 10-4 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will use this same time block (or as much of it as possible) for Tuesdays and Thursdays for job search stuff (such as obtaining/filling out/submitting applications) or otherwise trying to get income going.

One such potential means of getting income will be to take surveys online. There are multiple sites I signed up for awhile back, but I'd fall behind on the surveys. I've decided that during whatever day (or any part thereof) I spent at home all day, would be spent doing surveys starting at 10 (or as close to that as possible) and ending no earlier than 4.

Another thing I may do is get back into oDesk, which I signed up for awhile back and look for writing or proofreading gigs there. I signed up for that awhile back. I had to abandon it shortly after signing up when it turned out that my sister would need a sitter for her kid in the summer (which would be a job in and of itself).

Either this week or next week I'll be checking out the temp agency ManPower to see if they know of any openings. (Actually, I may have to hold off on that one as I have someone I will be meeting up with in town, probably sometime this month, and I'd hate for there to be any kind of scheduling conflicts going with any jobs I take.)

Whatever it is I end up doing, I have resolved for this to be the year that I finally get some income going.

No comments:

Post a Comment