Friday, January 21, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 73

I don't remember if I had mentioned this before, but we started running out of tags to the point that whoever had been tagging had to resort to using tags that had been written on and scratching out what was on them. Unfortunately (and through no fault of their own), it didn't look very professional. So, what I did today was I brought some white-out from home and used it on the "recycled" tags. (The manager saw me do this and thought that was quite clever.)

As usual I had clothes to price. A couple of days ago, I started looking up brands of clothes to see what they were worth (or at least what kind of stores I'd find them in) for something to keep in mind when I price stuff. (Some brands I heard of, even if only by name. Some brands I never heard of, and neither did the manager.) I think I almost ran out of stuff to price, but then one of the people who's usually in the back room brought out some stuff that had already been tagged. Unfortunately, some of the clothes turned out to have stains, holes, etc. and therefore had to be recycled.

There were a couple of times throughout the day when donations came in, including clothes, as usual. We also had three vanity tops (like you'd see in a bathroom) come in (something we don't normally get, but out of  principle, we don't generally turn anything away). I'm not sure what they are going to run for.

That's been my day. I'll probably do more "brand" research this weekend in hopes that as of next week, I can get stuff priced more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment