Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 72

Much of my day was spent pricing what I could of the clothes. I did have to do a couple of the runs on the register though, as there were times when the manager was busy with something, and there was nobody else on duty who was authorized to operate the register.

The clothes aren't getting out as fast as they normally do as I'm pretty much the one pricing them as of late, which takes a lot of thought. It's easy to be consistent when you have several comparable things to work with and of similar brands but not-so-easy when you've got items from brands you haven't even heard of and/or the style is one you've never seen. (And because we are a thrift store, our stock consists of what people are willing to donate and is thus unpredictable.) I generally keep the brands of clothing in mind as well as what kind of shape it's in when I price it.  I may have to look up some brands though to find out whether they are more "mall" brands or Wal-Mart brands so that I can price stuff of said brands accordingly. (I had a professor in college who said that sometimes you have to do homework in order to do your homework.) Once I have a better idea of brands, I can be more efficient. (If I didn't have things to do off duty, such as laundry or my job search, I'd probably plan on going in every single day to get more of the clothes priced and put out.)

That's been my day. I hope I get more done on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment