Friday, January 28, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 76

One of the things that had to be done today was for a certain part of the back room to be cleared so that some racks could be returned there. (We had almost all the racks on one side, but that ended up not working out.) The manager had said that she and the HSP needed to be able to access a couple of cages in one corner of the back room so that they could get a couple of stray cats in there.

It turns out that we will have somewhere new to send whatever clothes and shoes we have to recycle. This particular place is up in Kansas City. Someone will come in and take that stuff off our hands and pay us for it. We just need to keep the area organized.

There was one rack in the middle room that we were using for unpriced clothing, but it had to be cleared so that only "style show" clothing was there. (And my mom came in today to pick out her outfits for that. I took care of getting mine picked out yesterday.) I forgot whether or not a certain group of clothes was for that, so I left a note explaining that. (I might get in a bit of trouble for that though.)

I'm feeling bad that I haven't been super-fast with getting all the clothes priced and put out. After all, anything that's in view is subject to customer interest. (I had to do an urgent pricing on a skirt that someone was interested in. I consulted with the cashier on duty on it. It got sold, but looking back on it, given that said cashier was kind of busy, I should've just gone with my gut on what to price it at.) I have a feeling I'm just going to have to make my best guess something should run for and risk being off the mark. If whatever I mark something at works out, and the garment in question gets sold, great. If the price has to be adjusted at a later time, so be it. I just know that there's a lot of catching up to do, and I've got to step up my game.

That's all I got for today. Maybe Monday, I can get my act together like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment