Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 74

I had actually worked yesterday, but I didn't get around to doing an account when I got home for some reason.

I don't remember right off if I mentioned this in a previous post, but lately, we had been running low on tags for clothes and had resorted to using ones that had been written on. This meant whatever price was on there in the first place had to be crossed out. However, I came up with the idea to bring some white-out from home and use that on tags that had been written on but were taken off of clothing that was being recycled either due to a caught flaw in the garment in question or to second thoughts about it on the manager's end. Supposedly, my white-out idea inspired the manager to (maybe) establish a new policy that when clothing gets sold (or recycled, whichever comes first) that the tag be taken off, whited out, and saved for another use.

Part of my time was spent whiting out used tags and putting them in a box for whoever was tagging the clothes. Later, I priced some clothes and put them out. (Speaking of clothes, I think on Thursday, I will go in to look at what "I" would like to model for the upcoming style show.) I still have a ways to go not only in figuring out which clothes are worth the most but also which ones could be designated for the bargain room. (I was told that plain knit tops should go there, as well as any with an out-of-seaon picture on them. We had a couple of both the last go round. But especially nice stuff should still go on the main racks.) I'm going to see what I can take care of tomorrow.  I may end up going with my gut on some of the items that I suspect could be marked at the bargain level. Otherwise, I'll likely mark it under the assumption that it should go on the main rack. (The judgement calls will probably be easier as I go along.)

That was my day yesterday. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment