Sunday, September 12, 2010

At My Sister's House Last Night And Today

My mom, a friend of my sister's and I went to my sister's house for her 30th birthday celebration. There has been some roofing work going on lately, so the only way to get in an out of the house right now is through the garage. The other guests consisted of one other friend, some neighbors, and some guys helping with the roof.

For supper, we had hot dogs with chips and veggies to go on the side. There was also some punch with alcohol in it. I had some of that and some beer, but I don't think I got drunk. There was cake, but because of timing, we didn't have that until this morning. (The cake was a yellow bunt cake with chocolate frosting and multi-colored sprinkles, so it looked like a big donut.)

At various parts of the night, Cosmo the corgi had me or someone else play fetch with him. At one point, he tried to get me to play fetch with part of a milkbone (which is awkward at best in my book). There was also some fetch this morning. It's funny, but despite being up late like the humans, he was very energetic this morning.

In addition to the cake, we also had eggs for breakfast. Mom was the one scrambling them. At one point, a piece of already scrambled egg fell to the floor, and she playfully told Cosmo to get her "mess" which he did. (That dog will eat almost anything offered to him. This includes veggies, which his "big sister" Millie doesn't like. He's also more willing to take medicine than she is when/if it comes up.)

That's been my weekend. Who knows what will happen next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment