Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 15

It has been raining off and on today. My jeans had gotten somewhat soaked on the way over (though not bad enough to cause any problems and they did eventually dry...sort of).

Someone named Sheryl (I may have spelled her name wrong; I was just guessing) started their first day at Doggie Bag. The day started out by clearing the particularly summery clothes from the main racks and bagging them up for recycling.

Like any typical Wednesday, a couple of people from the recycling center came to pick up the rejected clothing. As I was helping them load the truck, I had a sarcastic conversation with one of them about how lovely the weather was.

Sheryl and I were able to finally catch up on clothing that needed to be hung up (something that hasn't happened lately). So then, it was down to making sure everything was tagged and facing in such a way that if it was on a rack, the curved end was facing us and the front of the garment was facing left. (I've been guilty of messing up on this, but I've supposedly not been the only one to.)

The manager decided to let me and Sheryl go home early, partly because of the weather and partly because business had supposedly gotten unusually slow. While I was on my way out, the manager told me that I wouldn't have to come in on Friday if it turned out to be raining. (If it's a light drizzle, I might still go in, but not if it is really severe.)

Oh, and it turns out that there is a kitten staying at the store temporarily. I think it's up for adoption, but I'm not sure. The person from the Humane Society that ranks above the manager and comes in to check on things brought it in. It's being housed in a big cage for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment