Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

As those of you from the US know, this is Labor Day weekend. I've had some stuff go on so far.

Yesterday, I went to the local Little Balkans festival off and on. In the evening, I went to the street dance. Every year at the street dance, one of the bands that plays there is a polka band and there's space in front of the stage for people to dance. As I had no dancing partner whatsoever, the only time I was on that dance floor was when the "chicken polka" was going on. (And it was done twice this year.)

I happened to run into an old friend of mine from middle to high school. I had dated said friend off and on for a couple of years. Sometime in high school, he dropped out for personal reasons. We kept in touch for a while, mostly by phone. I think that died down, especially after I met my later-to-be-boyfriend (now longtime ex) at Winter Homecoming during my junior year of high school.

There was a time, when I thought I'd eventually reunite with the old friend for good (or at least that's what I thought would be ideal). However, he eventually got married and had a child in said marriage. (There were actually two children that had resulted in that marriage, but the second child was a preemie that didn't survive.) The marriage, unfortunately, ended up not working out. Later, after my friend and his wife split up, he started dating someone else (and still is) who recently has had another child by him.

Something that my friend brought up was that he was looking for a ghostwriter for some of his books. He has the plot, twists, turns, etc. down, but it's a matter of how everything happens. I have accepted the offer, but he has asked that I make sure I have my own life sorted out (as there are some complications to it) before I start. He says he'll talk to me more about what is going to happen with the ghostwriting.

My mom and stepdad have had a busy weekend themselves. My stepdad had multiple band gigs yesterday. Today, he and my mom are out of town to help clear out some possessions of a recently deceased distant relative. I was unable to go with them as someone needed to look after the dog. (I've got stuff I can do around here, though.)  They said that they might be home tonight, but there were no promises.

I don't know exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow, since it's Labor Day, and the Doggie Bag will be closed (so I was told). I'll probably do yard work, work on my Cafe World catering, read, etc. I don't have a blow-by-blow agenda, but I can still find things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment