Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pulling An All-Nighter Tonight

I have a catering project that I'm doing on Facebook's Cafe World. The timing on some of the things I'm "cooking" is such that it'll be done at an hour when I'm normally asleep. In order to get them off the stoves in time, I'll need to stay up extra late tonight.  I can't simply turn in for a couple of hours and have an alarm wake me up as Mom is home, and ruining HER sleep could get me in trouble. My phone has changed, so I don't even have the option of a discreet vibrating alarm on that anymore. So, little to no sleep it is.

Despite my best efforts, I may end up missing the deadline for the three-star rating once again. (I have 1 hour and 17 hours left to be eligible for it. I have to have a three-star rating in order to be eligible for a certain recipe. I got a two-star rating last time. Maybe I'll try it again some other time if I fail. But I'll make sure I have more "cafe cash", spices, and/or stoves for my next attempt.)

I'll have to find things to do to pass the time. I have two hours and 23 minutes until time to take some devil eggs off the stove. (I have to serve them 72 times. So far, I've served them 35. They take 18 hours to serve. I have 14 stoves. At the moment, all but three of the stoves are spoken for by the turkey I need to serve a couple of hours after the devil eggs.) I'll maybe get a couple of hours of sleep tonight at best. Oh well. At least I don't have anywhere I abosolutely need to be by a certain time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment