Monday, September 20, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 22

The manager had come in early today in an attempt to get back on top of things as she was out sick on Friday. However, she left within an hour or two after I had gotten in. At first, I thought she was stepping out for a smoke. (While I don't smoke myself, it doesn't seem to really phase me when others do.) However, according to the Humane Society President (who comes in periodically to check on things, and who I will be referring to from here on out as the HSP), said manager has decided to resign for personal reasons. Who it is that ends up taking her place remains to be seen. (This is the second time a manager had left the Doggie Bag since I started. I have thoughts as to who would likely become the new manager, but I'll have to wait and see.) Between losing a manager as of today and the drama that ensued on Friday regarding the manager before her (and which I and at least one other staff member have tried to stay out of but to our dismay have gotten caught in the middle of), things have gotten a bit, um, interesting.

I think I did a bit of hanging up, but I mostly tried to straighten up the back room a bit, per the HSP's request. I've been able to have one side of the room consist of clothes and the other side everything else. I also went through some of the clothes to see what should stay and what should go and put that which was to be recycled in one section of the room. I've also gotten some of the colored plastic hangers (which don't swivel at the head) bundled up as we're trying to get rid of those. That might be one of my projects for the next week or two, especially if there's no room to hang up any of the clothes. (The rack for the pants that are on reserve is basically full.) Even though the manager had left for good, there was someone else to run the register, so I mostly took care of the back room.

Shortly after I had returned in August, I had been put on the same schedule as now ex or about-to-be ex-manager, which was Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but it may not matter if I go in on the other days as well now that she's gone.  I might at some point end up doing so in order to better the chances of getting caught up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment