Friday, September 17, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 21

Today, we were late opening up as the manager didn't show up. One of the people scheduled to work today was around. They went home to check for messages. As it turned out, the manager was sick, and the Humane Society President (who comes in and checks on things) had to come and unlock the doors.

Because the manager was sick, I ended up filling in for her on the register. I won't go into how much was made, but it wasn't all that impressive. One of the things that I did sell was a wedding dress that was in the window. I sold it for $10.00. I found out all too late, from the person who does the window display, that I shouldn't have done that as she wanted to get feedback from the HSP as to how much it should run for.  I apologized and told her that I didn't know any better and that I'm not the one who normally runs the register all day (both of which were true). She said that it was okay, and that 1) she was not in a position to leave any kind of note and 2) the manager probably would've done the same thing I did if it came up.

At some point, the former manager's significant other and another former staff member came to reclaim a chair that had  been left behind over the summer. Later, the FMSO came to reclaim the open/close sign and some carts that the FM supposedly left behind when he had left the Doggie Bag over the summer. (After that, I found out from the person who does the window display that if the manager or somebody else that had walked out over the summer left something behind it was really their loss as it had become store property.)  I had heard all sorts of things about what had happened with the FM, but I was not around to witness any of it so I don't know whether or not it was even true.

That was my day. I don't normally go in on Saturdays, but I may end up having to make an exception tomorrow in order to get back on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment