Thursday, December 9, 2010

Delay In Doing Laundry Today

This morning, my stepdad discovered that there was no running water. He called the water department, and it turned out that we weren't the only ones, that there was a hydrant that wasn't working. No running water meant I would have to hold off on my laundry. I was needed to stay put to check for when the water did come back on, so going up to a laundromat was out.

The water was back by 10:15 in the morning, my time. I was told that the water would be on no sooner than 10:30. However, I needed to use a bathroom, even if I had to do so somewhere else. So, I had turned the faucet in the bathroom to the "on" position so that when I returned, I could check to see if the water was back. It turned out that the water was running and not even rusty. So, I was able to use the bathroom at home and proceed with my laundry. However, the timing of this was such that I was unable to go to a poetry reading that I had thought about going to. As I write this, my load of darks (last load) has less than half an hour left in the dryer. I'll probably do more Facebook or something after I have all of said laundry folded and put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment