Friday, December 24, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 61

This morning as I was hanging up my coat, the manager said that she wasn't sure if I would be there or not. She said that I didn't really have to be since it was Christmas Eve. (There are some people that work there that are involved in a "training" program for senior citizens who have been out of work for a while, and they are sent to work at one non-profit organization for a while before they are transferred to another, and they get paid for this. There are also people working there that have to do x number of hours of community service per week or altogether for some reason. I am one of maybe two people simply donating their time.) I told her that the last time I checked, the back room was "full of crap." (We have a lot donations in the back waiting to have something "done" with them. If we were caught up or at least near caught up, I probably would've taken the day off.) She was surprised (but not offended) that I of all people used the word "crap", but she thought it was kind of funny. Someone else that was on duty (and apparently put in charge of something in the bathroom) said that they would've used the other word.

As usual much of my day was spent tagging and hanging up clothes.We still have a lot to go through. Whatever pants have yet to be put up for sale are basically taking a back seat to everything else as pants are supposedly not selling all that quickly. (Someone moved whatever pants were hanging up in order to make room for shirts, dresses, and other clothing items.)

Thus has been my last day at the 'Bag before Christmas. As I write this, my sister's dog Cosmo (who is spending the night at our house) is laying on my floor. He might keep me busy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment