Friday, December 3, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 52

My morning started out with stuff to bring in. (Someone had left some donations by the front door.) Following that, I was given the task of pulling any books pertaining to Christmas, as well as anything small enough to be a "stocking stuffer" from the shelves so that they could have a special display devoted to them. There were a couple of times in the day where I had stuff to tag, hang, or put out on display. I also straightened the front a bit, per the manager's request.

In the afternoon, I was given the task of decorating the Christmas tree that we currently have in our window. This involved gold and silver garlands, and red, white, and gold ornaments. (The manager did originally have me put a couple of purple ones on there, but later she decided that they didn't fit in with the rest of the decorations as well as she had thought they would. We also have an angel on top of the tree. Since neither the manager nor I were tall enough to get it on top though, her boyfriend took care of that.) Closer to the end of the day, somone brought some Christmas stuff, including a tree.

Maybe given what month this is, we'll sell enough to put a dent in the shelves and racks and we will thus be able to put more of the donations up for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment