Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Christmas Today

This morning, when I wasn't asleep per se but not quite ready to get out of bed, my sister's corgi Cosmo was waiting for me outside my room. My stepdad told him that I was sleeping. (I forget if my stepdad's lab mix Layla was waiting for me too.) It was fairly early in the morning when this happened, so apparently Cosmo has not heard of this thing called "sleeping in".

I was up shortly before eight. I got dressed and had some breakfast casserole and coffee. I played with Cosmo at least once and watched some TV.  While we were waiting for my sister and her household, I also had some apple cider with a slice of orange (something my mom had brewed).

When my sister and her household showed up, they had some stuff to put in peoples' stockings, so I stepped into the dining room, continued drinking my cider, and had a chat with my nephew. Shortly after that, we opened presents, starting with the stockings. Mine this year contained chocolate, an orange, three small bottles of nail polish, some gloves, a bag of root beer candies, and for th first time ever, three small bottles of something alcoholic. (I plan on using at least one of them on New Year's Eve.) I think the bra clips I had gotten this year were also included in the stocking, but I don't remember for sure. My other presents included a twin sheet set, a scarf, two necklaces, a throw, a pink shirt, a jewelry box, a purse and some buttons.

After presents was the big lunch, done buffet style. We had ham, cheese, rolls, barbequed meatballs, veggies, chips, and a type of "caviar" with black-eyed peas. My sister and her household had another commitment so they left after lunch.

The rest of the day looks like it'll be a quiet one at home. I'll probably catch up on my Bible reading and then watch TV or do something else until my dad calls.  Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment