Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Eve After My Shift At The Doggie Bag

The weather today had been predicted to be such that not only did my mom offer me a ride to the Doggie Bag today (which I accepted), but she had also asked me to call her when I was done so that she could come get me. I called her when I was done, but it was my stepdad that came and got me. (He got off work earlier than he originally thought he did.)

I got home, and it turned out that, for the third year in a row, my sister's corgi Cosmo was spending Christmas Eve at our house. (I had wondered if he would.) My mom had been in the process of mopping the kitchen and dining room floors so the dogs were in the laundry room until it dried as a convenience measure.  On the way to my room, I put some of the toys that were on the living room floor into the toy box as they weren't being played with at the moment. (By "toy box", I mean a small basket near my stepdad's dog Layla's bed in the living room. And by bed, I mean an oversized pillow marketed as a dog bed.) Either my mom or my stepdad said that they hoped I wasn't expecting said toys to stay put.

When I got to my room and put my purse down, it turned out that I had two books come in the mail for me. It wasn't too long before Cosmo and Layla came in to my room to see me. Off and on, Cosmo has either been wrestling with Layla, playing with something squeaky, or having me play fetch with him.

For dinner, we had soup. (I don't know if it was chicken corn chowder per se, but it had chicken and various vegetables in it.) Cosmo sat under the table while we were eating. (I guess he does that at home.) Layla knew the drill: when the humans were eating she was to lay down somewhere away from the table until they were done. I think it confused her to see Cosmo under the table, so she was up at a time she wasn't supposed to be. My stepdad told her to lie down and that Cosmo didn't know any better because he was a bonehead.

Sometime after dinner, I guess the dogs were outside using the yard because I didn't see them around sometime after they had left my room and left behind a squeaky bone. I put it in the toy box, and my mom said, "Good luck with that."

Right now, Cosmo is laying near me, and Layla is probably in the living room. I've got A Christmas Story running on TV in the background. (Technically it's on a commercial break, but TBS has nonetheless started on the back-to-back showings on that movie which they do every year. I'm not going to watch all of the showings, though.) I'm going to be playing Facebook's Petville for a little bit. I don't know exactly what all else I will be doing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment