Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 57

I started the day off with getting some hangers from the front to the back room. I also tried to make the purse section look a little better than it did but no luck. We have a lot of purses, so they're generally a dollar apiece until further notice.

Shortly after that, there were clothes to be put out. A few skirts were wrinkled (presumably through no fault of anyone on the staff). I tried getting the wrinkles out via a method that involved a wet rag per the manager's request, but I might've done it wrong.

We have a section called the "bargain section"" for clothes that are priced at a dollar or less, which was started in the fall. I nearly accidentally put something in that section that wasn't supposed to go in there. The manager had caught me doing that and asked me if the item in question had said it was a dollar. I checked again and put it where it needed to go. This was not the first time I made that mistake. Despite correcting said mistake, I was super mad at myself for having made it in the first place. For one thing, I try to be professional there (even though it's an unpaid position), and I feel that any time I make a mistake of any kind there, I'm being anything but professional. Second, a value that I was raised on was "acting one's age", and part of this meant I was NOT to make mistakes that I could have VERY easily prevented had I properly engaged my brain at the time. (And you would think that at 25 I would be completely on the ball at all times, but I'm not.)

The rest of the day was spent tagging and hanging up clothes.  I, along with a couple of other people who were in, got quite a bit done in that direction. Unfortunately, we ran out of places to hang stuff, so some of it ended up draped over the top of one of the racks.

That's all I have for now. Who knows what Friday will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment