Monday, June 7, 2010

Sorry I Haven't Posted Here Lately

I have been quite busy with my nephew, doing things like play computer/video games with him, watch and play with snails (his mom/my sister has recently outlawed the latter), playing with digging-type toys outside, and more.

My sister's corgi, Cosmo, has been bringing me the ball for me to throw. When my mom and I were visiting my sister on Mother's Day, Cosmo would, off and on, not only bring me the ball but go so far as to get up on his hind legs and put the ball either next to me on the couch or into my lap. Now, whenever he brings the ball to me and sets it on the floor, I ask him, "Where does it go?" That's his cue to put in the extra effort if you know what I mean. (He's currently enrolled in an obedience school that meets once a week. I don't know if they cover this, but by having him put the ball either in my lap or next to me on whatever furniture I'm on before I throw it, I'm testing to see if he's motivated to get what he wants enough to do it on my terms.) Sometimes he does that, and sometimes he just barks. Yesterday, one of his balls was stuck under the couch, but I managed to get it out.

My nephew is at a day camp four times a week this month, so I'll have a little extra time to update this blog, especially since, on my reading blog, RAB-PIA, I am currently reading the last book on my list that is not currently in "To Pass Along" status. (The list will change once I return home and am to add to the list, not to mention register with Bookcrossing, some books that I had bought from Doggie Bag but due to luggage space constraints, I had not been able to bring with me to my sister's.

Other things I will need to do in the mornings while my nephew is away include walking the dogs (weather permitting), doing rewrites for a novel I wrote in November (especially since my dad has been asking about those; if he continues to ask if I've been doing my rewrites, I'd like to be able to say yes), releasing as many of my "To Pass Along" books as  possible, catching up on email (especially surveys with sites I had signed up for), updated my other blogThe Way Of The Accommodite, and any cleaning that needs to be done around here.

As I write this, the two dogs, Cosmo and Millie, (the latter belonging to my sister's live-in boyfriend), are the my room with me asleep, and Steve, the younger of the two cats in the houseold (both of whom are female and don't get along with each other very well for some reason), is on my bed, purring like crazy. (The pure reminds me of my mom's late Himalayan, whom I try not to mention anymore as it had turned out that by bringing him up, at least to the extent that I did, hurt my mom's feelings. Anytime I by any means hurt the feelings of my parents or anyone else, I get very upset with myself and basically feel like I'm the worst person in the world.)

That's all I have for now, I'll be sure to post some more when and if I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment