Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I'm Up To Today

Right now, I'm in the living/dining room with my nephew, who is playing a video game. Sometime today, I need to vacuum (sister's request).  I'm also going to attempt to put more work into my novel before I send it to Createspace for a free copy. I don't think I'll have it ready for formal publication though. Too many ideas have been coming to me at the last minute, not to mention the various distractions I've had at various times.

I read somewhere in the Nano Wrimo forums that, while the copy is free, one is expected to pay the shipping and handling. If that turns out to be the case when I submit what I have done thus far, then I'll have to take a pass on the manuscript and later make alternative arrangements to have a copy of the book bound. To buy/pay for anything online is not currently feasible for me as I don't have a credit card, a paypal account or anything like that, and am in no position to get any of those things.

One thing I'll be facing is disappointing my dad (something that goes against my morals as a daughter) when I tell him that I'm not yet ready to formally publish my novel. I'll just have to mentally prepare myself for whatever the reaction maybe after I explain the situation this week, but hopefully, he'll understand. I may also tell them that not everyone getting a free copy of their book was planning on editing beforehand.

Even though it doesn't look like I'll be ready for publication per se, maybe having a manuscript (if I'm able to get one) can be a motivator to keep at the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment