Saturday, August 28, 2010

Been Playing A Facebook Game Almost All Day

Today, I've been playing the Facebook game Cafe World off and on throughout the day. It's basically where you have your own virtual cafe and you earn coins and cafe points by cooking and by visiting "neighbors". If you get enough points, you move onto the next level. (I'm on level 33 at this time.)

The latest feature is catering (which has some steps that are required before you can access it). This is where you have orders from clients to fulfill. My latest is from Wholesale Dale, which is to sell 88704 servings of a favorite dish. I had thought that it had to be the bacon cheeseburger, so that's what I've been fixing and selling to him. So far, I've sold him 10,835 servings.

I've been "working" on the order since Thursday night (the earliest I was able to access the catering feature). I was busy on Friday, so I had to wait until last night to work on the order some more. This morning, I did some more of the order but also had to have other dishes going for the sake of virtual customers coming in. There were times when I had to take a break from the game, though, as there were things in "real" life to take care of.  I'll probably be up until midnight tonight working on the order.

I have church on Sunday, so I'll probably do some more of it when I get home in the afternoon. I know it's a lot of trouble over a game, but it's kind of one of those things where once I start, I feel like I must finish however long it takes. If I don't finish, it'll come back to bite me in the butt.

After I'm done with that, I'm going to finally get started on my read-a-thon hours for Bookcrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment