Friday, August 13, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 5

One of the top priorities today was to get all of the short-sleeved shirts that were left on reserve tagged, priced, and out on the floor.  As of today, all of our shirts are $1.

I'm starting to really not feel good about my post-haitus performance. Today, there were some clothes on a rack in the backroom that needed to be sacked for recycling. I thought the manager wanted everything from the whole rack sacked, but when I was working on it and the manager came into the backroom, it turned out that it was only one section of the rack, and I was doing the wrong section, so some stuff had to be hung back up. I took care of that to the best of my memory. (And while I was alone, I chastised myself for messing up once again on the job.)

Also, there was a shirt she had on the ground that she had planned on taking home. I don't remember what it had looked like, and she didn't know either. I don't remember what I did with it exactly, but I think I had mistaken it for just another shirt that fell on the ground. I REALLY need to stop doing anything wrong whatsoever when I'm on duty. Part of why I started volunteering there was to redeem myself within the context of a work setting, and I fear that any mistake I make will run counterproductive to it. At this rate, I'm hoping I don't get the axe anytime soon. If I do, not only will my work history look even worse than it did after my termination from Burger King, but I'm lucky if I'll be able to show my face in that store ever again. (If there were any kind of formal performace evaluations for this job, I'd be nervous. I'm also worried that the manager might not like me at a professional level or in general.)

There's still a ton of stuff to hang, tag, price, and (if applicable) put out on display. I hope I get at least a good chunk of that done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment