Thursday, August 12, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 4

I didn't make it in until sometime after eleven as I had laundry I needed to do. As it turns out, it would've been difficult to put a lot out without overcrowding the racks.

At some point in the back room, I went through some of the stuff that was sitting on the racks holding stuff for where there was either no room elsewhere or it couldn't be put out for seasonal reasons or whatever. I pulled stuff that was stained or that the current manager would not approve of due to style (i.e. she does not want us keeping any pleated pants that are not the Dockers brand nor does she want us keeping anything "ugly"; I'd say the latter is a matter of opinion, but I nonetheless pulled stuff that, as far as I knew, would likely fit that category) and put it into a bag to be recycled.  There were a couple of plastic bins of clothes, but I wasn't sure if it was stuff that had yet to be gone through or if it was on reserve for someone. If it was the latter, than my hanging it up and stuff like that would've caused problems.

Another thing I did was make the purse and lingerie sections neater. (I had been raised to believe that buying secondhand undergarments just wasn't done, but we've got a section that suggests otherwise.)I also tagged some stuff and was able to get a few things out but not a lot. There were some shirts that appeared to ride a fine line between kid and adult, so I wouldn't know where to put it.

Despite my best efforts, I keep feeling like there's something I could and/or should have done. I'd hate for the manager to be P.O.'d at me for not taking care of something. Maybe there will be more I can do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment