Sunday, August 15, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 6

I'm sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday.

Yesterday morning was one of my "official" times to work (my other being Tuesday afternoons). In addition to myself, there was another staff member (whose boyfriend used to be roomates with my sister's boyfriend) plus someone doing community service via SRS on duty.  I ran the register most of the morning.

In the afternoon, the manager came in, and it was her turn on the register. (From my understanding, she was taking the place of someone who was schedule for Saturday afternoon but was unable to make it for family reasons.) So, I did some tagging and hanging stuff out. However, some other urgent matters came up. Some stuff outside needed thrown away, Christmas and Halloween stuff put in storage, and some non-clothing items put out.

One of the donations was a set of Snoopy books. Normally, our paperbacks run for 25 cents each. However, the manager thought that the books would be high in value as the person who wrote them was dead (and the Peanuts/Snoopy comic was a pretty famous one), so she decided to hold off on having them on the sales floor until she could figure out what a good price for them either individually or as a set would be. I don't blame her.

It got to a point where, to the manager's judgement, there wasn't really anything left to do that couldn't wait until Monday, so she let me go home early. There was less than an hour left before closing time by then.

I think I'm beginning to adjust to the changes made in the store itself as well as how the new manager does things compared to how the old manager did them. For instance, whereas the old manager would go in extra early, the new manager generally goes in right at time to open (or fairly close to it) on the days that she is scheduled for. To each their own, I say. Also, some of the older ways of doing things, such as colored tape on the hangers to distinguish what size clothing was on said hanger, has been scrapped. I'm sure I mentioned that one. Also, the 50% discount on Monday that applied only to certain people and only to clothes now applies to pretty much everything.

I may have made some mistakes this past week, but I hope I can start my second week on a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment