Monday, August 2, 2010

Going Home This Weekend (Maybe)

I just found out from my sister that I will likely be going home sometime this weekend. (My nephew will be out of town next week visiting his dad. The week after that, he will be starting school.) This, of course, could very well change.

If I do go home this weekend, that'll mean that next week, I can return to my usual routine of church on Sundays and the rest of my week divided between Doggie Bag and my job search. (Hopefully this time, I'll succeed with the latter.) In addition with the usual method of going out to request applications to fill out and turn in, I may be turning to a temp agency to help me get some work experience and income going. I also hope to look into some freelance proofreading. I'm sure my family is anxious for me to have an income stream going. I know I am. I've got student loans to pay off, my stepdad to pay back for my phone (which is on a family plan under his name), and a long list of personal needs that, in my head at least, I should take more responsibility for if I am going to end my dependency on either of my parents.  (If my mom and stepdad are not in a position to support me, my real dad is in even less of one.)

While I have enjoyed moments here at my sister's, I think I'm going to look forward to going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment