Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 12

Today's been yet another day of tagging clothes and hanging them up. (The manager has decided that she'd be more comfortable taking care of the pricing part from now on.) There was a basketful of them waiting for me when I had come in followed later by some donations. One of the shirts that came in today said, "What happens at school, stays at school. (no homework)". It reminded me of an episode of The Simpsons where Bart wore a shirt that said "Down with homework." I wonder if schools have a rule against anti-homework slogans. (I know a lot of them have rules against shirts that have beer ads, curse words, and the like on them.)

At some point in the day, one customer (and one of the more frequent ones at that) noticed that one of our windows was broken and asked the manager if the place had been broken in. The manager called someone to explain the situation (possibly the person who comes in to check on things). The manager asked said customer to leave their name and number in case they had to call the police and they needed to ask him about what he saw.

As usual, I ran out of time before I could get all of the clothes hung up and tagged. They may or may not all still be waiting for me when I go in on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment