Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day Back At Doggie Bag

I returned from Doggie Bag for the first time since I had left in May. Little did I know of some changes that had been made while I was gone.

First, there's a new manager. It's someone who had been working there for a month (and probably around the same age as me). Apparently the manager I had from when I had started working there until I had gone on my haitus had quit at some point for some reason. I'll really need to prove myself to the new manager. (She's in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.)

Second, the room that was between the front of the store and the back room and had acted as the break room has been turned into an extension of the sales floor. It's where children's clothing and toys are displayed.

Third, we used to have a system where you could tell if a piece of clothing was small, medium, etc. by the color of the tape that was on the hanger. Apparently, that system has been scrapped.

Fourth, where the 50% discount on Mondays applied only to clothing, and only to senior citizens, students of the local university, disabled people, army veterans, and those with a vision card, it now applies to anything for anyone on Mondays.

My original plan was to plan on going in on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays by default. However, the days I'm supposedly needed the most are on Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings. The rest of it I can pretty much play by ear. I may go in on extra days for a while in order to increase the opportunities for the manager to see what I'm like on the job. (I wish the former manager the best wherever he is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment