Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 9

On the way over, the manager happened to see me walking and offered me a ride the rest of the way over. I accepted.

I was able to finish hanging some clothes today that I didn't have time to yesterday. There were also more clothes to hang up, price, and display.

There were some changes made today. Most, if not all shorts, were moved to the outside racks in which anything on those were 25 cents. So, the racks that had held the shorts would be used for some of the pants, as in jeans on one rack, and dress pants on another. (While these changes were being made, I had to hold off on putting anything out on the sales floor.) We've also started displaying long-sleeved stuff.

While I was dealing with the clothes, a couple of people reorganized the back room. It looks better than it had since I've been back. Later in the afternoon, someone from the recycling center came and took the rejected clothing and some empty boxes. That helped free up some space.

I ran out of time before I was able to get all the clothes hung up, priced, and out on display (if the item was eligible). Since I was told to only go in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from now on, whoever deals with the clothes in my place tomorrow (if anybody) will have their work cut out for them.

Since tomorrow's one of my days off from the Doggie Bag, I'll probably do laundry tomorrow and (time and weather permitting) resume my job search.

No comments:

Post a Comment